Reports to: Store Manager
Who We're Looking For
We're looking for an engaging, intellectually curious person with an affinity for excellent customer service and superior product knowledge. We're looking for a strong brand advocate and ambassador - a true champion of the North. A team player, eager to support all functions of store operations and perpetuate the store's appearance and ambiance. The chief concern of a Sales Associate is to sell the products in our store, particularly our own brands, through a careful and individualized cultivation of customer relationships.
- Completing transactions through a familiarity of the store's current POS system
- Communicating with supervisor(s) and, at times, customers, in a clear and timely fashion
- Developing a fundamental knowledge of all products in the store, especially of our own brand
- Maintaining the store's visual standards before and after each shift • Opening and closing the store in compliance with the training manual
- Maintaining compliance with all other company policies and procedures • Performing related duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Basic computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards • Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs+
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone
Join Team North!
This is an exciting time at Askov Finlayson. Join us for an opportunity to create lasting value and make a tangible impact in the local community and on a national playing field. Be part of a growing team that embraces sustainable business practices and actively combats climate change through the work we do. And help us tell the rest of the world why we believe in this placed call the North.
If you would like to be considered, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org